Thursday, September 3, 2009

The beginning

Hi everyone.

About 2 years ago, I had an "ah-ha" moment. I was in a fairly miserable place as far as my work was concerned and I realized I needed to find a deeper path. Find something that meant something to me. Oddly, the decision was pretty simple. It just became what I knew I should do. I knew I liked people, I knew I liked yoga....doesn't take a genius to connect the dots. Or maybe it does and I'm that amazing. So here I am, the evening before my first classes - thanks to you. In supporting me, both financially and emotionally, you have allowed me the opportunity to change my life for the better. In the words of the wise and ever so handsome David Flannery, "this means freedom". This means I can follow a dream and change the way I live. So, thank you friends and family. Thank you for helping me to get here. I truly could not, and would not have done this without you.

Now, I've never been into the whole blogging thing but I figure you should know what your money and love and support is buying. So as often as I can, I'll leave updates as to how the classes are going and fun, interesting things I'm learning. I hope I don't bore you to death. I will entice you with tales of incense and crow pose (which is hard as fuck), and chanting and vibrations (get your collective heads out of the gutter - this is spiritual), and curry and naan because I hear that's all I'm supposed to eat (please God).

I will end on my favorite yoga mantra: "Peace the shizz out yo!"

2 comments:

  1. curry and naan are vegetarian and may beat rice and beans....M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog and can't wait to read more!!!

    ReplyDelete