Friday, September 18, 2009

Middle of my path...almost

It's crazy to think that I am truly almost half way through this. I'm enjoying it so much (though I am exhausted) I don't want it to end.

As many of you know, one of my main goals with yoga is to teach people in recovery from addiction and one of the major principles in the practice of yoga is Sadhana, or discipline. It's about changing habits and performing activities with purpose. The idea is that when people meditate and clear the subconscious mind, our essential goodness and radiance are able to shine through. As part of a recovery regimen, this could not only help with the emotional/mental symptoms of addiction but also the physical ones. When the trigger hits, when one gets the urge to use, they can have a healthy habit rather than an unhealthy one. Research has shown that all it takes is 40 days to create a new habit. After 90 days of doing the same thing at the same time, that habit is integrated into one's life. After 120 days, it is part of your speech and thought. And so on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment